Once again, it is time to embarrass myself and predict what will happen in 2021. But unlike most pundits who hope you will forget their previous prognostications, I will review predictions for 2020.
1. The stock market will gain around 5%. Correct (Dow up 6% but S&P up 15%).
2. Bernie Sanders will be the Democratic nominee. Incorrect, but he was robbed
3. President Trump will win reelection. Incorrect, but he was robbed.
4. The Republicans will hold the Senate. Technically correct but this could change with the Georgia races.
5. The Republicans will retake the House. Incorrect
6. LSU will win the national football college championship. Correct
7. The Baltimore Ravens will win the Super Bowl. Incorrect, the Kansas City Chiefs won.
As usual, my predictions are less accurate than those of an inebriated monkey throwing darts at various options. Readers may believe that my Republican partisan leanings cloud my judgement. Au contraire! I base my predictions on my unadulterated assessment of the data as I perceive it. The skeptical reader has only to recall that I accurately predicted that the New England Patriots would win the Super Bowl in 2019, even though when my prediction proved to be correct, I had to spend a week on suicide watch at the Psych Ward of St. Vincent’s Hospital.
But if you want to stop reading and spend your time more productively binge watching “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix; that is entirely reasonable. But here goes.
1. The stock market will gain 10%. Yes it is overvalued but the Democrats are – and have been – the party of the rich. The market gained 192% under Obama’s presidency and 206% under Clinton’s. It lost 40% under Bush 43. The tech oligarchs dragged Biden over the finish line and their greed knows no bounds. The Federal Reserve will continue to print money to prop up the market and protect Biden, the uber wealthy and the white upper middle class who put him in office.
2. Donald Trump will not go away. The embittered Trump did not win reelection but Trumpism did. If Biden and the Democrats move too far to the Left, Trump will be holding rallies in swing districts and moderate Democrats will back down. Furthermore, if the incompetent ruling class tries to start another war or destroy President Trump’s highly successful Mid East policy, polls will shift strongly against them.
3. Joe Biden will be quite popular. Checkmated by Donald Trump, Biden and the Democrats will continue his policies while feigning outrage at his reign. No new wars will be started. There may be a few bones thrown to the Green Agenda, but don’t expect any of the woke tech oligarchs, CEOs, athletes or Hollywood stars to give up their private jets and 20,000 square-foot mansions. Peace and prosperity will reign. Plus many people will be relieved that there is no endless Trump drama.
4. The Durham Report will produce nothing. Just like the Mueller investigation, this is a huge waste of taxpayer money. There will be no major indictments but expect some tough language about the lack of “due process” in obtaining FISA warrants. Nobody will care except the Fox News viewers who were suckered into buying books written by Fox analysts telling them that the axe was about to fall on the Deep State. Besides, if Durham indicts anyone, Biden will simply pardon them if they are convicted.
5. COVID will be mostly under control. Thanks to President Trump, Operation Warp Speed harnessed the private sector and produced vaccines to COVID in an unprecedented time period. Herd immunity will be achieved by the fall and the Holiday Season of 2021 will be a great celebration. The media and tech oligarchs will give Biden the credit while Trump fumes.
6. The Steelers will win the Super Bowl. The Chiefs, the Packers – are you serious? It is time to put these quiche-eating crybabies in their place. Coached by the underrated Mike Tomlin – who has never had a losing season in fourteen years – we will not only outplay, but outsmart any buffoons who have the audacity to insult us with their presence on the field.
7. The sun will continue to rise in the East and set in the West. Astronomers believe this has been the case since the solar system formed around five billion years ago. Plus I would like to get one prediction correct.